This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2 v2] Don't overflow in __libdw_in_section
- From: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:55:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2 v2] Don't overflow in __libdw_in_section
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=ulf dot hermann at qt dot io;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=qtcompany.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-qt-io; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=3c+du3MpRFF62JnEWW9djQUpvxIK3i8kTFLBHuzKXU8=; b=Un53fBdd5WVWlrqGLrZ3c6YUKbkyzKVNSlVdmC4vBwoz4oyEzlxMPIUEV7F1OACsBO4cfsjEhCRw2V53BHaS7sFKs1HORk94FeV34ybB6jATbEFJUrWYqQEloqAFQVlhFWAcDcVs+hYWWR2abyyjrw+2u0kQTx/QY1EZlLAUMHk=
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 12/14/2017 02:43 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> (Meta, I have some trouble applying this with git am, it thinks the
> patch is malformed. But I can apply by hand of course.)
Oh, sorry for that. It's probably the leading spaces again. I keep messing up my mail setup on windows ...
> The transformation seems correct. But if we can overflow/underflow
> here, do we have the same problem in __libdw_offset_in_section where we
> check data->d_size - offset < size, with offset a Dwarf_Off?
Probably we have the same problem there. I didn't catch any instances of it, though.