This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2 v2] Generalize cu_sec_idx
- From: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:53:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2 v2] Generalize cu_sec_idx
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=ulf dot hermann at qt dot io;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=qtcompany.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-qt-io; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=1comZHTiTYf6biCcAnUrvLCFK40FO5Mb2N7EVZD/4Ds=; b=SjHLaORw+SMva8bc/98wBbXII7oj0wxUr8lcjL4WIasX7MfmX5MmbhnZ6aKcQeinnVSSVRQXA+B2gaKVybfK0F8pcaVr/Wx1R3kRidNkVQVa2qMmUIvZTPd2JHCduRdvCprCDWIOgtwGndOTpy7eeySZX3kfg1wJW2snwPOoarI=
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
On 12/14/2017 02:51 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> This is clever and indeed cu_sec_idx () is not generic enough.
> But this is also somewhat inefficient. I am working on DWARF5 support
> and there a CU can come from even more different sections (or file). So
> I am changing Dwarf_CU to have an explicit section to which is it is
> associated. This can then also be used by the "fake" CUs like created
> in dwarf_getmacros.
Mind that the two most common cases are 0 and 1. In fact nothing else was supported before this change. So, most of the time this will not do a lot of iteration.