This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] config: Add pkgincludedir to Cflags
- From: Namhyung Kim <namhyung at gmail dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 23:51:34 +0900
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] config: Add pkgincludedir to Cflags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=5kzRWJfhXoWunEAAt5Uf9XYUJpZ3yrRsqVhp7rol0x0=; b=gSe+wEnGpN2mQkv7CgKod+sNweXMO11iufjUrDT144RanSx3JwUiVVoOffTVKITG+z 5MMUctgcXplMzY2fX9hXqdeBHvzCBthDMjoxhvwZEbayVA1BfUMt2n704I/ZwRDv49Ww EcZXCimJdFeXX/zNNl2uMfO44Xzq8oGFp2gNEl0bJEIG5cAO9jz57pDuRhLckmlDS0X3 pMRhsPZMq+9+cyXWRVWfDygj1Pz5W6lcPJCRDu064QXAMMFxHoy7BaS/PTeLsc3SRxjX VxWHWSXOurSdx9pWglSt4kuz1RiptL+7oxeMQimtT4aslSbEtkDgSTZi4u/qPa34Ypay iWSQ==
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Mark Wielaard <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 15:17 +0900, Namhyung Kim wrote:
>> The libelf and libdw uses pkginclude_HEADERS but the pkg-config file
>> misses to have it the Cflags. This was a problem for libdw users since
>> it gave nothing to include, but one needs to add /usr/include/elfutils
>> directory to use the libdw.h header file.
> I this really an issue?
> libelf has two public headers which are placed in the includedir and so
> should be simply included as #include <libelf.h> and #include <gelf.h>.
> libdw does indeed put its headers in includdir/elfutils, but as far as
> I know everybody includes them using that subdir, so #include
> <elfutils/libdw.h> and #include <elfutils/libdwfl.h>, etc.
> Wouldn't this change how people include the headers?
> Do we want to change it?
Oh, I wasn't aware of the (preferred) way of including libdw headers.
Will change my code to use that pattern. Sorry for the noise.