This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] config: Add pkgincludedir to Cflags
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Namhyung Kim <namhyung at gmail dot com>, elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 00:13:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] config: Add pkgincludedir to Cflags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 15:17 +0900, Namhyung Kim wrote:
> The libelf and libdw uses pkginclude_HEADERS but the pkg-config file
> misses to have it the Cflags. This was a problem for libdw users since
> it gave nothing to include, but one needs to add /usr/include/elfutils
> directory to use the libdw.h header file.
I this really an issue?
libelf has two public headers which are placed in the includedir and so
should be simply included as #include <libelf.h> and #include <gelf.h>.
libdw does indeed put its headers in includdir/elfutils, but as far as
I know everybody includes them using that subdir, so #include
<elfutils/libdw.h> and #include <elfutils/libdwfl.h>, etc.
Wouldn't this change how people include the headers?
Do we want to change it?