This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] libdwfl: Don't dereference possibly unaligned auxv entry pointer from core.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 13:41:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libdwfl: Don't dereference possibly unaligned auxv entry pointer from core.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, 2017-11-20 at 14:15 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> The notes in a core file that contain the auxv entries might not be
> naturally aligned. The code already tried to account for that, but
> the GCC 8 undefined behaviour sanitizer found we were till dereferencing
> the actual auxv entry pointer directly. Fix this by calculating all pointers
> by hand and not use an array of auxv entries trick.
> This makes make distcheck (which enables sanitize-undefined by default)
> pass again using GCC8.
Pushed this to master now.