This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug libdw/22452] Failed to obtain CFI data for a OP_call_frame_CFA when looking for func entrypoc in an s390 kernel module
- From: "brueckner at linux dot vnet.ibm.com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:44:40 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libdw/22452] Failed to obtain CFI data for a OP_call_frame_CFA when looking for func entrypoc in an s390 kernel module
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from H. Brueckner <brueckner at linux dot vnet.ibm.com> ---
(In reply to Mark Wielaard from comment #1)
> One tricky issue here is the fact that kernel modules are ET_REL files
> that still need relocations applied (you can see there is also a
> .rela.eh_frame section). libdwfl can do simple relocations, but might not
> know about all relocation types used in an .eh_frame section (I haven't
> checked yet).
At least, I checked the reloc types for s390 (backends/s390_reloc.def) and the
list is complete wrt kernel modules. Not sure if there is further work to be
done for non-simple relocations.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.