This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] readelf: Print DIE offset in attribute reading error messages.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tom at tromey dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at seketeli dot org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 15:31:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] readelf: Print DIE offset in attribute reading error messages.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2017-10-03 at 16:59 +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> When processing large files it is useful to know the DIE offset if
> printing of attributes fails (especially when redirecting the output).
> With this change the error message looks like:
> eu-readelf: DIE [2aeb8ef1] cannot get attribute value: invalid DWARF
Got another report about a large debug file where this improved error
message would have been really handy. So I pushed it to master now.