This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add replacement endian.h and byteswap.h to libgnu
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 10:21:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add replacement endian.h and byteswap.h to libgnu
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
* Ulf Hermann:
>>> Some systems don't provide endian.h and byteswap.h. The required
>>> functions are trivial to define using sys/param.h and gcc builtins,
>>> Also, include endian.h in dwelf_scn_gnu_compressed_size.c as that uses
>> This is still an issue with non-glibc, non-BSD compilation. The patch
>> is not ideal, as it depends on a GCC extension, but it's an
>> improvement for those who use GCC on a platform which does not provide
>> these functions as part of the C library.
> Well, there are a lot of other issues to be fixed if you want to build
> elfutils on anything non-gcc. We could add a further check for those
> builtins and sys/param.h and then add a somewhat less trivial version
> of endian.h and byteswap.h if they are missing. But that would likely
> involve other compiler extensions or OS-specific headers.
Ah, fair enough. I mainly wanted to increase awareness of the patch
because it has not been merged yet.