This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add replacement endian.h and byteswap.h to libgnu
- From: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 09:54:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add replacement endian.h and byteswap.h to libgnu
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=ulf dot hermann at qt dot io;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=qtcompany.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-qt-io; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=y4ySzhb+jqx+vy6yxsegfpIagtrPSpRKD+RP55dxgn0=; b=Ah18p7gFZHxCAZYKAO9EI2y6rKtd569Z/MsgUsb+VOPmH1iFclbKYQnUO/BDbVREhZ05n7NijvPfT4NuNpxbD9DoEUyBPY/5RaQCg/9Q/FJ6xZcUoiJOTVarkGpDID2C1qyzvKo5bMN0z7sk+qicurAjzrnmrjY2qxymzTrbBOI=
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
>> Some systems don't provide endian.h and byteswap.h. The required
>> functions are trivial to define using sys/param.h and gcc builtins,
>> Also, include endian.h in dwelf_scn_gnu_compressed_size.c as that uses
> This is still an issue with non-glibc, non-BSD compilation. The patch
> is not ideal, as it depends on a GCC extension, but it's an
> improvement for those who use GCC on a platform which does not provide
> these functions as part of the C library.
Well, there are a lot of other issues to be fixed if you want to build elfutils on anything non-gcc. We could add a further check for those builtins and sys/param.h and then add a somewhat less trivial version of endian.h and byteswap.h if they are missing. But that would likely involve other compiler extensions or OS-specific headers.