This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug tools/22250] readelf should support --dwarf-start and --dwarf-depth
- From: "tromey at sourceware dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 16:40:32 +0000
- Subject: [Bug tools/22250] readelf should support --dwarf-start and --dwarf-depth
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #4 from Tom Tromey <tromey at sourceware dot org> ---
(In reply to Mark Wielaard from comment #1)
> Which properties of the above are important to you?
> Is the given selection mechanism of which DIEs to print the most convenient?
> Is it important to suppress header printing?
> Since this really is about printing something after an offset from the start
> of a section, should it be extended to other debug sections?
I implemented this stuff in objdump to support browsing DWARF in Emacs.
The Emacs mode dumps the "outline" of the DWARF into a buffer, then
you can click on a '...' to get more data there. That explains why
header suppression is done...
However lately I wanted to use this with eu-readelf to track down that
bad DWARF bug: https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/44412
In that case I wouldn't care so much about the headers.
But really it would be nice to have it all so that I could port the
Emacs mode to use eu-readelf.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.