This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug tools/22138] New: Support marking "debug" info files with special ET_GNU_DEBUG_* values.
- From: "fweimer at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 19:25:30 +0000
- Subject: [Bug tools/22138] New: Support marking "debug" info files with special ET_GNU_DEBUG_* values.
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Bug ID: 22138
Summary: Support marking "debug" info files with special
Assignee: unassigned at sourceware dot org
Reporter: fweimer at redhat dot com
CC: carlos at redhat dot com, elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org,
fweimer at redhat dot com, unassigned at sourceware dot org
Target Milestone: ---
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #22136 +++
We need a way to identify "debug" info files, which appear like they are ELF
files but if inspected are actually missing a lot of information and can't be
properly parsed without the original DSO or executable.
To that end I suggest we adopt:
As ways to mark these files a debug information files. We can place them into
the OS-specific area, and audit that we don't overlap anything important from
We would need new binutils options to edit, adjust and set the "debug"-ness of
[Bug 22101] Dynamic loader must ignore "debug" shared objects e.g.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.