This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH v3] Check if rpath is supported and throw an error if not
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 23:34:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] Check if rpath is supported and throw an error if not
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 04:04:28PM +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> Some systems don't have rpath. In that case the backends need to be
> made available by some external mechanism. Provide a configure switch
> to explicitly turn off the setting of rpaths. Throw an error if that is
> not set and rpath is not supported.
I think this is not great. This basically just breaks things.
If done we should provide such an "external mechanism".
For DTS I just compile in the supported backends staticly. See the
code on the mjw/RH-DTS branch. That is also not great since it just
hard codes the supported backends (and then just throws away various
tests that are broken in that setup). Which is why that code isn't
on the master branch.
But if we can come up with something like that (but a little bit more
flexible) as alternative for not having/using rpath/ldopen, that would
What "external mechanism" are you using?