This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Drop -rdynamic from deleted-lib.so link step
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:55:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Drop -rdynamic from deleted-lib.so link step
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 03:17:38PM +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> -rdynamic is meant for ELF objects that need to export internal
> symbols to libraries they link to, but deleted-lib.so does not link to
> anything else and doesn't have any internal symbols.
> Note that the "deleted" test program does link to deleted-lib.so, but
> deleted-lib.so being a shared object, will automatically export the
> (non-hidden) "libfunc" symbol anyway.
Applied, libfunc is indeed the only relevant symbol in this case.