This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] tests: robustify run-strip-nothing.sh against unstripped libc_nonshared.a
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 20:47:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tests: robustify run-strip-nothing.sh against unstripped libc_nonshared.a
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170808160616.GC4763@altlinux.org>
On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 07:06:16PM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> When glibc's libc_nonshared.a contains objects with debug info,
> this debug info is leaked into every output file produced by gcc.
> Change run-strip-nothing.sh to use "gcc -s" instead of plain "gcc"
> for producing objects without debug info.
Thanks, I didn't know about gcc -s, but it is ideal for this testcase.
Committed to master with a ChangeLog entry.