This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: Latest version of dwarflint?
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: "Ananthakrishna Sowda (asowda)" <asowda at cisco dot com>
- Cc: "elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org" <elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 11:13:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: Latest version of dwarflint?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <81113170-F590-4C51-BEA0-C8EF3A4422DA@contoso.com>
On Wed, 2017-08-02 at 19:47 +0000, Ananthakrishna Sowda (asowda) wrote:
> I found the dwarflint and locstats tools in the ‘dwarf ‘ branch of elfutils.
> Any plans of merging this into main branch?
Currently not, sorry.
> I get following error from locstats:
> error: .debug_info: DIE 0x3f10fc: dwarf_getlocation_addr: invalid DWARF
> This error is reported on DW_OP_GNU_entry_value in DWARF location list. Any newer version of these tools which can handle DWARF5 ops such as DW_OP_GNU_entry-value?
There is a standalone version of dwlocstat here:
It should handle DW_OP_GNU_entry_value but is also a bit old so might
not handle the latest DWARF extensions.