This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Unify linking of libasm, libelf, libdw, backends
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:20:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Unify linking of libasm, libelf, libdw, backends
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 04:11:28PM +0100, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> Link them all with -z,defs,-z,relro,--no-undefined, provide complete
> dependencies for the link steps, and add libeu.a to each one. libeu.a
> contains useful library functionality that each of them might use. The
> linker will strip unneeded symbols, so linking it in won't hurt even if
> none of the functions are used.
This is a nice cleanup.
Sorry it took so long to review.
Applied to master.