This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: File index given line (libdw)
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro <darochapinhe at wisc dot edu>
- Cc: "elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org" <elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:11:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: File index given line (libdw)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DM2PR06MB2722055FEC31FDB9F819FF5A6AC0@DM2PR06MB272.namprd06.prod.outlook.com>
On Thu, 2017-07-13 at 00:25 +0000, Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro wrote:
> when we get the files given a Die and want to know the file given the
> line, the only way to do this is comparing the return of dwarf_linesrc
> with the list of filenames we had from dwarf_getsrcfiles?
> Why can't we get the index of the file given the line? Just return the unsigned int file in Dwarf_Line_s.
There could be a good reason for that. But I might be missing the bigger
picture of what you are trying to do. Could you give a more complete
code example? What extra information do you want by having the
Dwarf_Files index of the Dwarf_Line?