This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Drop __BEGIN_DECLS and __END_DECLS from elf.h
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 13:38:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Drop __BEGIN_DECLS and __END_DECLS from elf.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2017-05-03 at 18:03 +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> We don't use those anywhere else and they are not guaranteed to be
> defined. Also, put the 'extern "C"' after the included headers.
Note that elf.h is somewhat special. We import it as-is from glibc and
like to not have divergence if at all possible. So could you try
submitting to glibc upstream first? (email@example.com)
They might say they expect your features.h to provide these macros.
But they might also just take the change as is. If not we'll figure
something out for elfutils.