This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Use F_GETFD rather than F_GETFL to check validity of file descriptor
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 13:20:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use F_GETFD rather than F_GETFL to check validity of file descriptor
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 2017-04-20 at 15:58 +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> F_GETFD is both cheaper and easier to port, and otherwise has the same
> effect here.
At least for the specific case of checking for failure with errno ==
EBADF it is identical. Applied to master.