This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't look for kernel version if not running on linux
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 20:02:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't look for kernel version if not running on linux
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 04:08:48PM +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> We don't want to use it, even if it exists.
I am not sure this is really the right place to patch.
The value is retrieved through uname () which is POSIX and so should
be available even on non-GNU/Linux systems. When kernel_release ()
returns NULL the callers expect errno to be set so they can use it
to return a failure code.