This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid YESSTR and NOSTR
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:44:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid YESSTR and NOSTR
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 03:47:49PM +0200, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> Those are deprecated and apparently some implementations of nl_langinfo
> return empty strings for them. The tests even tested for those empty
> strings even though the intention of the code was clearly to output
> "yes" or "no" there.
Urgh. Good find. YESSTR and NOSTR were once meant for matching user
input. Using them for output was probably always wrong.
Pushed to master.