This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug general/21011] "may be used uninitialized" error with -Werror=maybe-uninitialized
- From: "luizluca at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 05:37:08 +0000
- Subject: [Bug general/21011] "may be used uninitialized" error with -Werror=maybe-uninitialized
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <email@example.com/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #5 from Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca <luizluca at gmail dot com> ---
I know that both might be a compiler bug. However, the cost of solving them are
Yes, I might be compiling elfutils with non-standard options. However, the
non-standard might be the standard for some distribution like LEDE/OpenWRT.
The alternative for me is not to use -Wno-error but to patch the code (and
maintain the patch) until compiler gets it right. I was just hoping that fixing
this upstream will help any other elfutils users that need to compile with
those non-standard flags on.
I'll reopen only once more this bug. If you think that it should not be "fixed"
upstream, mark it again as resolved and I'll let it go.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.