This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: frame unwinding patches
- From: Milian Wolff <mail at milianw dot de>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 11:00:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: frame unwinding patches
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 12:33:27 AM CEST Mark Wielaard wrote:
> I put all three frame pointer unwinding fallback patches on
> the mjw/fp-unwind branch. I'll also sent them to the list using
> git send-mail --annotate taking out the binary file patches.
> Hopefully that will make them appear on the list, bypassing the
> spam filters.
> [PATCH 1/3] Add frame pointer unwinding as fallback on x86_64
> [PATCH 2/3] Add frame pointer unwinding as fallback on arm
> [PATCH 3/3] Add frame pointer unwinding for aarch64
> I had to hand apply a few things because of whitespace adjustments.
> Hopefully I did it right and this is how Ulf intended the patches.
> If not, my apologies, and please let me know what changes you did
Ping? Any progress on merging this functionality upstream? It can make quite a
difference in unwinding.
I just got a report from a colleague. As-is, elfutils would fail to unwind
from the following location in his application:
With the x86_64 patch applied, he got a proper backtrace:
... <proper debug symbols available rom here on>
So, please consider reviewing and merging this.