This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [RFC] libdw: prepend current directory in read_srclines
- From: Torsten Polle <Torsten dot Polle at gmx dot de>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 22:15:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] libdw: prepend current directory in read_srclines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BB17FFBB-B202-460A-8AD2-45D68D76C0C1@gmx.de> <20170327204510.GA2448@stream>
> Am 27.03.2017 um 22:45 schrieb Mark Wielaard <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Hi Torsten,
> On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 08:35:50PM +0200, Torsten Polle wrote:
>> I observed that readelf and elfutils sometimes report different results.
> Do you have an example of this? It would be good to have a testcase.
>> PFA a patch that corrects this. I’m not sure whether the way I tackled
>> the problem is acceptable.
> I see why you are proposing this. The DWARF spec does say about the
> include_directories "Each path entry is either a full path name or is
> relative to the current directory of the compilation". So your patch
> does make sense.
> But it does depend on what users of dwarf_getsrclines expect.
> Or any use of Dwarf_Line/Dwarf_Files. I think those users expect that
> the returned file names can be relative. And that they should make them
> absolute using index zero or the comp_dir themselves.
> So if you do have an example where the expected output isn't what you
> believe it should be we should examine if there is some other way to
> do the right thing.
thanks for the answer. I’ll come back with an example, which is SystemTap based. :-)
Please allow for some delay. I expect to provide an example in about two weeks.