This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
dwfl_attach_state alternative taking Ebl?
- From: Milian Wolff <mail at milianw dot de>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:50:44 +0200
- Subject: dwfl_attach_state alternative taking Ebl?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
would you be willing to accept a patch that adds an alternative to
dwfl_attach_state taking an Ebl pointer instead of the Elf* to guess the
This would simplify the code for cases where we know the architecture, but
don't necessarily have a corresponding Elf* at hand (yet). If there'd be a
version that takes the Ebl pointer directly, one could use e.g.
ebl_openbackend_emulation or _machine to find the backend handle for the known
target architecture directly.
If this would be acceptable, I will write a patch up for this. I would need
suggestions for a fitting name though, in C++ I'd simply use an overload but
here with plain C... ;-)