This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] libasm: Fix GCC7 one -Wformat-truncation=2 warning.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:49:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libasm: Fix GCC7 one -Wformat-truncation=2 warning.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, 2017-02-12 at 21:54 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Make sure that if we have really many labels the tempsym doesn't get
> truncated because it is too small to hold the whole name.
I pushed this to master.
It has been in the fedora elfutils for some time now.
> This doesn't enable -Wformat-truncation=2 or fix other "issues" pointed
> out by enabling this warning because there are currently some issues
> with it. https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=79448
The above bug has been resolved. Plus some others with this warning.
But I haven't finished the work to enable this warning by default yet.