This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug libdw/21174] libdw with perf: duplication of entries in callstack
- From: "thommyj at gmail dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:47:04 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libdw/21174] libdw with perf: duplication of entries in callstack
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from Thommy Jakobsson <thommyj at gmail dot com> ---
(In reply to Mark Wielaard from comment #1)
> There is no good way to tell. It could happen if the function calls itself
> (although you would expect the pc to be different).
I did check the assembler code for one case, and couldn't find anything
special, no calling of itself (although I didn't really know what to search for
either so I might have missed something =) ). Checking the code for the
specific example I pasted here it seems to be a return address for another
call. See attached file.
> How does perf call the libdw getframe function?
The actual call looks like this
err = dwfl_getthread_frames(ui.dwfl, thread->tid, frame_callback, &ui);
but I assume that you want some specific information? The entire wrapper around
libdw can be found here
> What does the CFI look like at that address?
How can I find this out? dwarfdump?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.