This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH 2/4] Make the backtrace-data test helper more robust
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:16:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] Make the backtrace-data test helper more robust
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2017-02-10 at 15:19 +0100, Ulf Hermann wrote:
> When unwinding by frame pointer the unwinder might ask for invalid
> addresses. We don't have to fail the test in this case. In fact
> any broken dwarf information can lead to requests for invalid
> addresses, also without frame pointer unwinding.
> Signed-off-by: Ulf Hermann <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks. This makes sense to me. Applied.
Note the patch had the same issue as the previous one
(lines starting with a space had the first space doubled).