Re: redboot & iso9660fs support

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Hi Gosha,
>
> gosha wrote:
>>      We design simply iso9660 file system support for Redboot bootstrap
>> loader.
>>
>>      This is alpha version of this Redboot driver.
>
> Great! Thanks.
>
>>      Is it possible to integrate our simply project in eCos tree?
>
> Sure. But you need a copyright assignment to the FSF in place, as they will
> be the sole owners of eCos in the future. The website is slightly
> out-of-date in this regard.
>
> To request an assignment form, please fill in the form in the following
> link and e-mail it to <assign@gnu.org>:
> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/gnulib/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future?revision=1&root=gnulib
>
> Every person who contributed to this patch needs to have one of these
> copyright assignments.
>
> If you're wondering why we have this system, you can have a look at
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos?file=47
>
>>      If it is possible,  can You test our symply project & send testing resut
>>  feedback for us.
>
> I'm sure people will find it is easier to test once checked in, which
> requires the assignment first.
>
> Jifl

I've looked at this code and I have to say, it's pretty terrible :-(

Also, I have quite complete ISO9660 support which I hope to be able to contribute
soon, along with much expanded disk device support.  This, and some other pending
things, will most likely be merged once the FSF changeover is complete (not unlike
some of the eCosCentric contributions!)