Re: Can the Redboot/Kernel/Application of ecos run at windows

Sorry for the late reply.

王伟 wrote:
> Hi,
> 	I'm a sw engineer that develop handheld devices(arm based). I'm study ecos now.
> 	I hope that I can develop application at windows to save the debuging time. And porting it to embeded device after the application is finished at windows.
> 	I know that the ecos can run at pc or vmware, but it's not very convenient for debuging.
> 	Can the ecos run at windows directly? Or is there any plan to develop a simulator like wince's x86 simulator that can run ecos in it?

I understand people have been using the bochs PC emulator as well as
vmware. I don't think a VM is that bad for debugging in practice.

There are several simulators that eCos has been known to work with, for
PowerPC, ARM (with SID), MIPS TX39, MN10300 and H8 at least. Not for the
x86 architecture however, and none of these allow thread support.

Note there are very cheap ARM dev boards out there now. Have a look at
Kwikbyte, for example http://www.kwikbyte.com

Jifl