Re: Temporary ecoscentric assignments

Andrew Lunn wrote:
On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:04:37PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

As discussed, I've finally gotten round to writing up some stuff about what we agreed about the temporary arrangement to assign to eCosCentric.

The main new page is at:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecoscentric-assignment.html

This page has been updated after comments, and in place of the link to /ml/ecos-discuss, will contain a link to the promise in the mail archive, rather than here. The text of that promise to be e-mailed is the same as what that page used to say.

I'd like some explicit confirmation from non-eCosCentric folks before going ahead :-).

Sorry for not commenting earlier. A few minor grammar point (From me
the dyslexic!). Last sentence, first paragraph. It should be
"protect_ing_ the future of eCos."

There was another typo there, so I've fixed it all.

That sentence and some of the others are rather long. Its worth
remembering that English is the second/third language for many of the
people using eCos. If i have to double take a sentence, im sure other
will struggle.

Okay, I've broken up some of the longer sentences throughout.

Third paragraph:

"...they are willing to accept assignments of code and documentation
copyright for new contributions..."

I would move the word copyright before assignments.

Yep.

I would also change "This declaration..." to "A declaration..." The
use of This in this way suggests its refering to a subject in the
preview paragraph, when in fact its referring to what that link points
to.

Reworked.

I might also be good to add a paragraph on how you revoke a current
assignment agreement with RedHat.

Good point! I've added a Q&A question for that. Alex take note! It says:

<li><i>I have an existing copyright assignment with Red Hat, what should I
do?</i>

clause that automatically assigns all future eCos contributions. To be sure
there is no potential ambiguity with a more recent assignment to eCosCentric,
it is recommended that you inform Red Hat that are cancelling your eCos
copyright assignment and will instead no longer be assigning future
contributions to Red Hat. If you do so, please also let the eCos maintainers
know at <a href="mailto:ecos-maintainers@ecos.sourceware.org";>

As soon as Gary's happy, we're all set I guess.

Jifl