Re: [gnu.org #25869] eCos as an FSF project?

Dear eCos team,

About a month ago, you wrote to us with interest in becoming part of the
GNU project, and questions about what would be necessary to do so.  I have
not heard from you since.  If you could just let me know what has come of
this so far -- if you've come to a decision one way or the other, have
further questions, are still considering the issue, or whatever else -- I
would appreciate a quick note.

If it is of any help, I would like to point out that we would be happy to
help negotiate copyright and licensing issues with Red Hat, particularly on
the documentation, if we are able to obtain copyright on the software.

Also, if you have not yet made a decision, I would appreciate if you could
answer a quick question of ours.  We were wondering if people use GNU
software with eCos -- have a GNU/eCos system, in other words -- and if so,
how common it is to use GNU software with eCos.  Any examples of such
systems you could refer us to would be helpful as well.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Best regards,

--
Brett Smith, Free Software Foundation
Become a card-carrying member of FSF: