Re: [ECOS] i82559 and FreeBSD stack

> It works fine for me (I just tried it here).  I also know that
> I did most of the original testing using such interfaces.
>
> What kinds of problems exactly do you have?

I've not debugged it much, so cannot give much detail.

I noticed the problem when testing the SNMP changes for the FreeBSD
patch. Im using an AFE1, thats ascom's hardware which is not in the
anoncvs tree. Im using a HAL from 1.5.2. All works fine for OpenBSD.
but the snmpping test program has problems with FreeBSD. The snmpwalk
works, but its very slow. I used tcpdump which showed it was making
lots of retransmits of requests because the target was not replying.

I then pinged the target from my linux host and got around 25% packet
loss. This does not show what is broken, RX or TX. So lastly i look at
tcpdump while snmpping was pinging my server as returned by DHCP. 1 in
4 ICMP echo requests were not making it to my host. So i think there
is something broken in the transmit path.

Hopefully over the weekend i can spend some more time to try to track
down the problem.

     Andrew