some kind of week...

It seems that I've done it again :-(  Not our of any intent,
I've offended the eCos world (or at least part of it).

If my note to ecos-patches had never used the word "logo",
none of this would have ever been an issue.  Honestly, I was
just following prior practice when adding this "logo" to
the RedBoot for the port I am working on (_for_ Mind).  It
has been done many times before, always to accolades.  Now,
in these changed times, it creates controversy.

Perhaps we should insist that the eCos *public* repository
become and remain vendor neutral.  We could go and find
the places where there is any hint of commercial involvement
and clean this out.  I truly don't have a problem with that.

Of course, I'd want to start with this one:
    RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [RAM]
    Non-certified release, version UNKNOWN - built 17:41:25, Feb 25 2003

    Platform: NMI uEngine uE250 (XScale PXA250)
    Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, Red Hat, Inc.

Please unruffle your feathers and let's decide how this should
be handled, with civility.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary at mlbassoc dot com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc