USB testing - any more class drivers out there?

Frank Pagliughi fpagliughi@mindspring.com
Tue May 26 19:04:00 GMT 2009

Simon Kallweit wrote:
> Chris Holgate wrote:
>> I don't know is Simon has had any luck getting it working, but if not
>> I'll try and put together a patch.
>
> Sorry, I didn't get it working. But this is more about lack of time
> and priority than anything else. After you have started the discussion
> about how to improve the USB slave framework I thought it may be good
> to wait until we have a better picture and eventually change the USB
> slave API before we adapt the serial driver. But I guess I'm not the
> only one short on time :)
>
>> As far as HID support is concerned, eCos is currently a bit lacking in
>> USB class driver implementations.  You'll need to dig into the
>> documentation and roll your own.  I'm sure that any standard USB class
>> drivers you do develop would be more than welcome as contributions!
>
> Agreed! If time permits I would like to dig into a standard compliant
> ethernet over USB driver.
>
> Simon

I had submit a USB printer package last summer which doesn't seem to
have made it into CVS. I'm pretty sure it was working.
Andrew: Do you remember why this wasn't accepted?

I also started a mass storage driver, and have it near the top of my
list for when I get back working on eCos this summer.

I personally never found much use for HID's - unless you're actually
making a mouse, keyboard, or joystick. I know that most introductory USB
articles and tutorials show how to implement HID's, but it seems such a
shame, because others classes, like the serial one, are actually simpler
and much more useful. So, I probably won't look to implement a HID
driver myself.

Nor do I think I would start on ethernet over USB myself.

Frank Pagliughi