STM32 USB support

Simon Kallweit simon.kallweit@intefo.ch
Wed May 20 08:20:00 GMT 2009

Chris Holgate wrote:
> Ethernet for the STM32?  I'd considered having a stab at a driver for
> one of the SPI based Ethernet chips (either the Micrel or Microchip) but
> just don't have the time right now.

We don't have the possibility to add real ethernet to our platform,
using ethernet over USB could be a nice solution for device
configuration (http server).

>> The USB serial driver at least seems to be tailored
>> for the AT91 driver right now and cannot be used generically yet. We
>> could change that to use dynamic setup of endpoints, which I think would
>> be a great idea.
>
> I've just had a look at the code and it shouldn't be too hard.  The key
> change is that in order to obtain a handle on the endpoint data
> structures you need to wait for endpoint configuration to complete
> (which the serial driver does anyway):

I see. Should be easy to get around. I'll see if I can change the serial
driver in a way so it's still usable with the other slave drivers.

Simon