host tool to control RedBoot

Mark Salter msalter@redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 15:02:00 GMT 2002

I've thrown together a fairly simple utility which I use
to download images to RedBoot. It runs on Linux (a port
to cygwin should be straightforward) and you can use it
to download an image to RAM/flash over serial or tcp with
a single command from a shell prompt. It uses xyzModem
over serial or ethernet, so no tftp server is needed.

Its in an ugly state right now, but I'm thinking of cleaning
it up and adding it to CVS under the ecos/host hierarchy. Does
this sound like something others would be interested in?

--Mark