db* does it serve the purpose

hi
for the last couple of day's there is healthy discussion going on this list
well here's is my $2 bit
a) as a user should i be worrying about tweaking the scripts whether be
it db2html or dbk or David's dbnochunk or for that matter forthcoming eric's Db
 and not to forget howto to install Norman's stylesheets and also the
forthcoming Docbook DTD's . whew that is one hell of a list
b) The irony of it all is this is regarding  tools which is supposed to make
our documents better and easier to maintain
c) as i see it all these tools must have its origin in the fact the authors
would have resorted to it only to ease their pain but not neccessarily useful
to others
 also the surprising thing why none of the distro's have looked at it from
user space .What i want is something is like this
i enter at  prompt
$ Db everybody
and it asks me
$TARGET
and i enter
$  *.sgm/sgml or *.xml
and it asks
$ FORMAT
I enter
$HTML OR PDF or whatever supported output format
it asks
$STYLESHEETS
I enter
$path to normans stylesheets (this eliminates the hassle of installing
questions ;-) and also probably this CATALOG business)
it asks
$CONVERTER (this should end jade vs openjade )
i enter
$ jade or openjade
it says
$ CHUNK/NOCHUNK
i say
$ what is appropriate to me
it says
$ Please wait .............
bingo
$error  ;-) or i get my out put
this should relieve a lot of people of headaches

is it wishful thinking or people have valid reason not getting  this done .i
mean this will as a user who is interested in furthering use of SGML/XML in
varous application  and spend more quality time with DTD's and styesheets  and
improving them ,shuoldn,t i stop worrying about what scripts .isnt this the same
concern of david when he was talking about one more DB unmaintained or i
misunderstood him . can somebody enlighten me on this

thank you in advance
regards
 --
maddy

           "There the eye goes not;Speech goes not,nor the mind.
            We know not,we understand not;How one would teach it"