install sequence, TL4, links

Hi folks,

Should the RPMs be installed in any particular sequence?  sgml-common
has to be installed first, and jade must be installed before jadetex,
and I would guess that docbook should be installed before stylesheets as
it is in Norm's instructions for installing his modular stylesheets and
stuff "manually."  I think this is the sequence (I haven't checked yet
if it's 100% enforced by dependencies or need be so):

1. sgml-common
2. jade
3. jadetex
4. docbook
5. stylesheets
6. psgml

I'm trying to get all this to work with Sebastian Rhatz's TexLive4
(available from www.tug.org) instead of TeTeX, but I may revert to using
the TeTeX RPMs instead of TL4.  I also plan to try dropping in a newer
version of the DTD and stylesheets and see what happens.

Mark--I "turned you in" ;-) to Robin Cover to put an entry for
docbook-tools on the Public Software Tools for SGML/XML/DSSSL on the
OASIS site--I don't think it's on there yet, but Robin acknowledged my
message, so a link should be appearing soon from:

	http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/publicSW.html

I recently did a clean install of Red Hat 6.0 but forgot where I got
this DocBook stuff from before, and the docbook-tools were not churned
up easily by a web search--I had to remember first that I found the
tools last time via the GNOME web site, and then I found the
docbook-tools (BTW I saw the name "docware" used someplace else for a
commercial product).

Regards,
--
"Jonathan F. Dill" (jfdill@jfdill.suite.net)