[docbook-apps] Docbook, Images, and FOP

Hello,

I'm truly sorry if this question has been asked numerous times before, but none of my google searches or readings are finding the answer.

I am using FOP to take a docbook document and transform it into a PDF. My problem: the images that I am using continually get stretched, filling up far more space than they need to and looking just terrible. I am taking standard screenshots and using GIMP to save them as JPEGs at 72 dpi.

I have tried everything I can think of to stop these images from getting stretched, but with no luck whatsoever. Is this a limitation of FOP? Or is there something I'm not doing? (And yes, I realize this might be more appropriate on a FOP user list, but I thought I'd ask here first since I'm using Docbook.)

Thanks very much to anyone who can offer some insight.

Dave Shevitz