[docbook-apps] Intelligent (Latex-like) placement of figures

Hello,

I have not done much with Latex, so maybe I am all wrong, but from what I've picked up it seems Latex places figures intelligently on a page. Currently I sometimes get quite big gaps between text and a figure if the figure does not fit on a page:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.

----------------------------------new page <figure> Nullam erat felis, pulvinar ultrices, facilisis quis, rhoncus porttitor, ...

If I am not mistaken Latex would pull the text from the second page up to the first, filling the gap.

Is it possible to get something like this with docbook? I thought about using float (http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/FigureFloats.html) with something like float="start" (would it be 'start'?).

best regards
Steffen