Re: [docbook-apps] website

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 04:47 pm, Oliver Fischer wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> one possible way is to create a normal docbook document and to include
> it's content via xinclude commands.
>
> Bye
>
> Oliver
>
> Thomas Porschberg schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use the website (http://docbook.sourceforge.net/projects/website/)
> > for maintaining a website. (I use xsltproc as my xslt-processor.)
> > However, it would by also fine to have an PDF-Output but
> > without duplicate the XML-sources.
> > Background is that I now want to write a more technical document
> > for which I need the "modern outfit" from website and a classical
> > handbook for hardcopy.
> >
> > Any idea ?

Be sure that you specify your DOCTYPE as website-full.dtd in the XML source.
Otherwise, your document(s) may not be validated successfully against the
DTD. You can find the difference between both versions of DB Website via
"google".

Here's the xinclude code that I use:
<snip>

<section>
<title>Content</title>
<para>The file content is as follows:</para>
<programlisting>
<xi:include href="/home/buddha/buddhalinux.com/xml/diffmk/dtd/diffmk.dtd"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; parse="text">
<xi:fallback>
<warning>FIXME:  MISSING XINCLUDE CONTENT</warning>
</xi:fallback>
</xi:include>
</programlisting>
</section>