[docbook-apps] Validity Warnings

Sorry if this comes through twice.

Hi,

Docbook DTD 4.3
NW Docbook Stylesheets 1.65.1
libxslt-1.1.9-2

When using xmllint --noout --xinclude --postvalid foo.xml
I am getting many validity warnings, see below, xsltproc naturally also gives
these warnings when doing transformations. Yet transformation works, in the
end.

I thought this was to do with XML-base since my xi:includes do reference other
xml instances in paths (not relative). So I added
<!ENTITY % local.common.attrib ?"xml:base ?CDATA ?#IMPLIED">. However I see,
according to "Docbook XSL - The Complete Guide," ?that Docbook 4.3 supports
xml:base natively.

My DocType Decl is as follows across all documents, small changes in paths of
SYSTEM ents:
<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.3//EN"
????????"http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.3/docbookx.dtd"; [
<!ENTITY % xinclude SYSTEM "../libs/xinclude.mod">
%xinclude;
<!ENTITY % globalent SYSTEM "../libs/global.ent">
%globalent;
]>

Example XInclude:
<xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"; href="about/main.xml">
? ? ? ? <xi:fallback><para><emphasis>FIXME: ?MISSING XINCLUDE
CONTENT</emphasis></para></xi:fallback>
? ? </xi:include>

? ? <xi:include xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
href="installing/main.xml">
? ? ? ? <xi:fallback><para><emphasis>FIXME: ?MISSING XINCLUDE
CONTENT</emphasis></para></xi:fallback>
? ? </xi:include>

Validation under Xerces shows documents to be valid.

The validity warnings all reference to elements that do not appear in any of
my documents, e.g. refsect1: refsect2:

Hope someone can help.

validity warning : Attribute base of element refsection: already defined
?%common.attrib;
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ^
xmlns:xi ? ? ? ? ? ?CDATA ? ? ? #FIXED ? ? ? 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
^
validity warning : Attribute base of element refsect1: already defined
?%common.attrib;
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ^
xmlns:xi ? ? ? ? ? ?CDATA ? ? ? #FIXED ? ? ? 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
^
validity warning : Attribute base of element refsect2: already defined
?%common.attrib;
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ^
xmlns:xi ? ? ? ? ? ?CDATA ? ? ? #FIXED ? ? ? 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
^
validity warning : Attribute base of element refsect3: already defined
?%common.attrib;
xmlns:xi ? ? ? ? ? ?CDATA ? ? ? #FIXED ? ? ? 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'
^
validity warning : Attribute base of element article: already defined
?%common.attrib;
xmlns:xi ? ? ? ? ? ?CDATA ? ? ? #FIXED ? ? ? 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude'

--
Sean Wheller