Re: [docbook-apps] resolving catalogs on Windows

Georges Schmitz <georges.schmitz@heitec.de> writes:

[...]

> (b)
>
> it seems, that it is not possible to use spaces in the filenames that
> appear in catalog files. xsltproc *crashes* with the following message
> as last output on the console:
>
>    file:///D:/DocBook/catalog.xml:0: element uri: Catalog error : uri
>    entry 'uri' broken ?: file:///C:/Dokumente und
>    Einstellungen/schmitz/styleDrivers/cDocBookHTML.xsl
>
> this behavior vanishes, if I make the entry in the catalog file in the
> following style:
>
>    file:///C%3A/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/schmitz/styleDrivers/cDocBookHTML.xsl
>
> But this is not really user friendly; is there an alternative?

No safe alternative. As Bob has pointed out, spaces are not
allowed in URIs. Colon characters aren't either (see the BNF
grammar for URIs in RFC 1630). So is you want to make sure that
your URIs can be safely understood by any tool that finds them,
you need to us %20 and %3A for spaces and colons.