Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DocBook XSL 1.67.0 released

Michael Smith wrote:

I think some users might not be as happy with it, because then
they would be forced to style it via CSS, while now, with <code class="filename">, they get a default rendering for it that
most would find reasonable, I think.

I know "code" is not the best name for marking up a filename. But
there's nothing else close in the set of "phrase elements" that
HTML provides. And going back to using presentational markup like
"tt" seems much more wrong to me.

Of course situation is different if you use (X)HTML as your primary authoring format, then there is an advantage of using more semantically oriented elements. But we DocBookers know that there is so little semantic in HTML that we use DocBook. ;)

Jirka