Re: [docbook-apps] Preventing identing of table of contents on lefthandside of frame doc.

Thanks, this almost works the trouble is it removes indents from both the left handside and right handside frames I only want to remove it from the left handside.
Is there a way of removing it only from left handside. i.e is there a way of specifying a different Sylesheet for lefthandside and righthandsiide ? Or could
div.toc dd be extended to only match left hand side. I tried using div.titlepage div.toc dd but it didnt match anything.

Michael Smith wrote:

Hi Paul,

You wrote:

Anybody able to give me a starter on this please ?
Paul Taylor wrote:

I am creating a frame based document, which contains the table of contents on the lhs and the main document on the right handside. But because of space limitations on the screen I dont want the table of contents on the left handside to be indented. is there any way I can do this i couldnt find a suiatbel parameter.

There isn't a suitable parameter. But you can control it via CSS.

 1. Set a value for the html.stylesheet parameter -- the name of
    an external CSS stylsheet (e.g., "style.css")

 2. Create a new file with whatever named you've used for the
    html.stylesheet parameter and (if you're using the default
    setting for toc.list.type), put this into it:

      div.toc dd {
        margin-left: 0;
      }

That will cause the cause the whole TOC to be unindented.

    If you want _some_ indentation but less that what your
    browser renders by default, add this:

      div.toc dd dt {
        margin-left: 5px;
      }

      div.toc dd dd {
        margin-left: 10px;
      }

I also use a stylesheet, so i thought I might be able to do something with that but have been unable to do so. This isnt helped by the fact that the output comes in one large line, is there a way to make the outputted html a bit more readable for debugging. I thought chunker.output.indent might do something but it doesnt seem to.

Run your output through "tidy" (HTML Tidy). I do it this way:

tidy -im *.html

Or if I have output in multiple subdirectories, this:

find . -name "*.html" -exec tidy -im {} \;

Hope that helps.