Re: [docbook-apps] bibliography questions

1. Norm Walsh thoughtfully provided extra named templates to format names in
different ways.  The template named 'person.name.last-first' will do what
you want, like this in your customization layer:

<xsl:template match="author|editor" mode="bibliography.mode">
  <fo:inline>
    <xsl:call-template name="person.name.last-first"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$biblioentry.item.separator"/>
  </fo:inline>
</xsl:template>

2.  You can turn off the display of the label in the biblioentries by
customizing the template that generates them to do nothing:

<xsl:template name="biblioentry.label">
</xsl:template>

> 3) If ID or xreflabel cannot be turned off, How can I
> have my output with brackets on my xref to
> bibliography like it used to output in citation?

I didn't follow this.  Doesn't an xref to a biblioentry generate the abbrev
in square brackets?  Where in my book did I say that PDF output did not get
square brackets?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting