[docbook-apps] Converting HTML to DocBook

Hi,

I've converted a website to DocBook.
(If you want to see the source look at:
http://www.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de/~erbs/Databases/)
This was done mostly automatically with an
enhanced version of the Html2DocBook stylesheet.

The goal is to produce a printed version (PDF) and the
website (HTML) from DocBook.

I'm now fixing the document to make it vaild and to correct things that
were not converted right. In the process I've encountered a few problems:

There are some tables with a colored background I'd like to keep. DocBook
already has bgcolor attributes in its tables, but they aren't used by the HTML
stylesheets. They only use processing instructions to create a bgcolor
attribute in the output. Is that processing instruction perhaps a leftover from
a previous version of DocBook which didn't have bgcolor attributes? If so, are
there plans to convert the stylesheets to use the bgcolor attributes directly? Or
do I have to create a customization layer to do this myself?
There are also a few cases where I could need bgcolor in a entry-Element, where it
isn't yet allowed.

The original website sometimes uses quite heavily nested tables, while DocBook only
allows one level of nesting. The site follows the common practice in HTML to use
tables to layout elements next to each other on the page. How can I produce a page
with simmilar layout with the markup DocBook offers?

TIA for any suggestions.

Bye, Chris