[docbook-apps] odd entities appearing in html output

Hi everyone,

When I output my DocBook XML to HTML, I have a bunch of weird character
entities cropping up in my HTML output. The capital letter "A" with
circumflex appears in the document after the following:

- autonumbering of chapters and sections
	(example: ChapterA 1.AChaptername
	-- the A being an A with circumflex)
- At the end of each formalpara title
- In cross-references.
- Also, in places where I have use publishing entities (such as en dashes --
–) they get replaced by wierd characters.

After reading Bob's book, I change my XSL customization layer to this:

version="1.0"
		xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon";
		extension-element-prefixes="saxon">

	<xsl:import href="tools/xsl/xhtml/chunk.xsl"/>

	<xsl:output
		method="html"
		encoding="UTF-8"
		indent="yes"
		saxon:character-representation="native;decimal"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I just know where to go from here. I am using Saxon on a Windows machine.

Thanks,
René