Re: [docbook-apps] itemize and ordered list behavior

--- "Justus H. Piater" <Justus.Piater@ULg.ac.be>
wrote:
> Thane Sinclaire <tsinclaire@yahoo.com> wrote on Tue,
> 04:21:08 -0700 (PDT):
>
> > Has anyone had the following problem and or know
> how I
> > can fix it.
> >
> > After creating my .fo file with xsltproc, I use
> > pdfxmltex to create a pdf.
> >
> > In the resulting pdf, both itemize and ordered
> lists
> > have the bullet or number on one line, and then
> the
> > text jumps down and begins on the next line like a
> > variable list.
>
> This is a known problem of PassiveTeX. The problem
> began to appear
> when additional fo:blocks where introduced in the
> XSL style
> sheets. The latest version that works with
> PassiveTeX is 1.61.3 (which
> is what I, sadly, use for this very reason).
>
> Justus
>
> --
> Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.
> http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
> Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone:
> +32-4-366-2279
> Université de Liège, Belgium    Fax:
> +32-4-366-2620

I installed the earlier version of the stylesheet in
its own catalog and ran my document through xsltproc
and pdfxmltex and it worked. Thank you!!! :-)

However, while this may be a good short term solution,
 it still begs the question as to what to do for the
long term. While I appreciate Bob Stayton's suggestion
of using a custom layer, I do not think that is the
long term answer either. Lists should work correctly
by default.

Any suggestions anyone?

/Thane